Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wild Weather In Southern California

For the past few days the weather here in SoCal has been relentless. Last weekend the temperature was in the triple digits and now we have thunderstorms, hail and even tornadoes! Here is a YouTube video of the hail coming down in Moreno Valley. You can hear the thunder booming in the background. I like this video because in his very first sentence he mentions that it's like we are living in Minnesota. Ha ha, Minnesota.





This next video is of a double funnel tornado that touched down in Moreno Valley as well. There are a bunch other videos of the tornado from different areas at the YouTube page. All this video was taken by people that live only 30 miles or so from me.





I took a couple of pictures of the rain as it was coming down. It was raining as hard as I've ever seen it rain. Can you believe that the second I turned the video camera on, the rain stopped. I mean stopped. Like someone closed the valve and there was nothing. Not a drizzle. That's how my video skills go. Thank god for YouTube and these fine people for posting their video.

Our big trip up Mount San Jacinto is next weekend. The weather is supposed to be warmer. It only got up to 30 degrees at the upper tram station today. There is fresh snow up there. The Wife and I are staying at a resort in Cathedral City. It's a place that rents out its vacant time shares. We will be in a one bedroom condo. It's a very nice four star place for $104 a night from Hotels.com. (No, there is no time share sales pitch to worry about. It's just a hotel.)

I have a few Palm Springs power trails all mapped out too. I hope to return after having found over 60 geocaches. The weather needs to be warm enough for us to go summit the mountain and cool enough for us to hike on the desert floor. I should have some great photos when we get home.

Here's the pictures of the rain from two days ago. I took these from the safety of my front porch. There was some serious lightning and thunder going on at this time. Thankfully I'm bullet proof! By the way, I hope all you hardcore cachers attending GeoWoodstock are enjoying yourselves right now. Have fun, tell everyone Hick@Heart says hi!





1 comment:

go_man said...

Hey, you didn't think that we were going to leave all our good weather home did you? Of course not! We thought that we would just bring some with us to share. You no like?! :)

As Albert Hammond says, "Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours..."

Geocaching Online

Have an Idea? Open your free online storefont here.

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free
Powered by WebRing.
Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service