Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Boy Turns 7 Today

Today is The Boy's birthday. We went to Ruby's for breakfast and then went bowling. We are having some friends over for cake. It's been a great day.

The highlight of this birthday has to be the card from my Grandma Decker. Grandma Decker is the sweetest woman I've ever met in my life. If you met her you would love her instantly. Grandma Decker sent The Boy a birthday card and he opened it and read the cute little message inside. Her notes always end with "XOXOXOXOXOXOX." Awww, we love you grandma.

It wasn't until this morning that The Wife read the front of the card and noticed what the message said. We are still laughing about this one and the card will be saved forever. I know that Grandma Decker just saw the cute sock puppet on front and thought, "That's a cute card." She has no idea what it says and that's part of why it's so funny. If you knew her, you'd understand. God bless that woman. I snapped a picture of the card and posted it below. What a classic!

So in the spirit of this wonderful day, I'd like to say, "Happy F***ing Birthday, The Boy!" Enjoy your seventh year of life in this great country of ours.

Thanks, Grandma.


8 comments:

Paul Myers said...

Many Happy Returns of the Day to the Boy. Looks like our boys have something else in common besides geeks for dads. They're birthdays are only two days apart and they both got to celebrate them on a holiday weekend.

go_man said...

Happy, happy B-day to the Boy!

Too funny card! But hey, it's not likely that he hasn't heard that word before... especially when old man is a cacher! I'm sure that there have times... LOL!

Geocaching Online

The Writer said...

Hi,

And thanks for your visit and comment! Have thought about it on a daily basis, however, I think my daughter's dog's days are now numbered in my house and...I may have found the "dog of my dreams."

Anyway, Happy Birthday! Can I link you for a birthday present?

The Writer...and glimpses of the dog that might be it! :)

Josh said...

Webfoot: We all knew the geeks for Dads was a commonality, and now the birthdays! Happy birthday to the Tadpole.

Go_man: I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of your assumption. Hahahaha

Writer: Good luck with the dog and welcome to the blogging community. Thanks for the warm wishes... and the link!

pogz76 said...

OMG... that was hilarious. I can't stop laughing myself. My birthday is also in August as well... A Happy Belated Birthday to the Boy. And hope to see you guys soon, out in the wild.

P.J. said...

Classic stuff! The card is too funny as it is. But the story makes it better! Happy birthday to the boy!

HooHaa Blog

cosmiccowgirl said...

Wow, that was funny. I am still chuckling about it. I need to get a card like that for my sister.

rakethetable said...

Happy birthday to a geocacher growing into his own.

Have an Idea? Open your free online storefont here.

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free
Powered by WebRing.
Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service